Pilgrim Church Křtiny and bell chimes (10.5 km)
Marian pilgrim church in Křtiny near Brno belongs to the oldest Moravian pilgrimage sites. According to the legend Saints Cyril and Methodius used to baptize in this valley. The medieval complex was replaced by new monumental Baroque building by the Abbot of the Zábrdovice Monastery in 1718 who hired famous architect Jan Santini. At the top of his creative forces he designed an extensive pilgrimage complex, which became a real Baroque pearl of Moravia. Head to the destination where pilgrims from different parts of our country go almost every Sunday.
Listen to the melody of one of the largest bell chimes in Central Europe (33 bells) sounding from an adjacent monastery building.
For more information go to: http://www.krtiny.cz/o-krtinach/